Friday 6 May 2011

This is an embellished postcard done for a Flickr swap. I have recently had loan of an embellishing machine and love the effects I have been able to achieve.

This postcard was just using a bunch of threads and fibres I had in my box. I used the embellisher to felt them together and overstitched with metallic threads. I love free machine embroidery - you can just wander over the fabric as the mood takes you! I hate working in a structured organised way, and would much rather just go with the flow...

Having had no formal training in textiles my techniques just tend to evolve. Sometimes I like the results - sometimes not - never know until its done.

Part of this project was that it had to include metal elements so I added some metallic sequins and beads just to finish off. I rather like the end result and my do a larger piece using this technique.

1 comment:

  1. I have one of those Embellishing Machines,its a 12 needle and called the Baby Lock Embellisher Just love it Wished I had you around We would dye fabrics and have a great time in my studio outside.

    ReplyDelete