Friday 5 June 2015

Trying again

The more I think about it the more I need to get myself organised and keep this blog up and running! 
Over the last year lots of things have been happening, including me taking up making clothes again. Well I decided I could only use so many bags and purses so I needed a fresh outlet for my fabric stash which is currently overflowing.

Our Embroiderer's Guild Branch here in Blackpool had a very successful exhibition in April at Blackpool Central Library., We welcomed lots of visitors and enjoyed lots of positive comments about our work, which is always nice!  

Summer Garden - one of my newer pieces





Priscilla

Summer Garden and Priscilla are two of the pieces I managed to finish in time to display them in April.  I have been busy with lots of projects to try to use up my endless supply of fabric scraps, and produced a couple of canvas mounted pieces after watching Alisa Burke's Grafitti Class.



In between I have been making bags, hearts, kindle cases, and all manner of things to give as gifts but then wishing I could keep them for me!  I have also revisited the "She Art" theme which I started a couple of years ago after taking Christy Tomlinson's classes.


These are always a favourite and I love making them just to see how the next girl is going to turn out!



 And of course I have been making bags..........



I need to get going on a couple of new things this week - a dress fro my grand daughter and one for me plus a new piece to enter for one of our annual Guild competitions if about 3 weeks time!  As usual no pressure - I love to be busy!




No comments:

Post a Comment